from November 2012 issue of Saveur
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3-pound whole chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 slices bacon, roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into 1/2" cubes
- Country bread, for serving
I doubled the recipe because I was feeding seven people and it seemed to be all right just doubling most of the ingredients. I only needed to use a 1/2 cup of flour to dredge all of the pieces, and I used 3/4 cup of sherry.
I had a lot of braising liquid left over so it might've been good to cook down the liquid after removing the chicken. I saved what liquid I had in the hopes of making some kind of pasta sauce with it. We'll see ...
I served it with an Israeli Couscous "salad" with spinach, and my sister made a Tortilla Espanola.