As I was engrossed in yet another stretch of TV-watching, I realized I actually get some simple counseling from the shows I watch:
Hoarding: Buried Alive
- Don't dwell on the past --> enjoy the "now" with the people in your life.
- Don't let "stuff" tether you down, and never let your loved ones think that your stuff is more important to you than they are.
- How you present yourself to the world can make a positive impression on others ... and if you look good, you often feel good.
- Be classy!
- The world is a large -- and sometimes mysterious -- place. You're just a small part of that large world. Look for the mysterious, new, and different in the world and let it impact you in a positive way.
- People live differently around the world, but most likely find joy in the same things you do.
- Never lose your passion!
- Never be ashamed of what you love.
- Stay curious.
- Learn from your mistakes, and move forward.
As for comedies, I'm enjoying watching How I Met Your Mother, mostly because I watch it with Ian. We spend 20-40 minutes after school watching it together until Maya comes home. We don't talk or discuss anything; we just watch a silly TV show that probably has some inappropriate innuendos and we laugh together. Nothing better than that!