1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? not that i know of, but my father has yet to tell me what my name means.
2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED? cried, cried? or getting teary-eyed? i get teary-eyed almost daily for almost any reason at all. the last time i really cried was last summer when rupert had his thyroid issue and we had an argument about it. (yeah, only i would pick a fight with my sick husband, right?)
3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? who doesn't like my handwriting?
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT? i waiver between roast beef and pastrami, but i must admit i do like a good liverwurst sandwich.
5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS? two ... and i'm done.
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? hmm, i'm not sure about that. i can be nice and fun, but i'm also sarcastic (see question 7) and brutally honest at times. i'm not one to sugar-coat things if i'm really friends with you, so i may not be the right person to go to if you need someone to tell you what you want to hear; i tell you what you need to hear.
7. DO YOU USE SARCASM? is outer space vast?
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? sure do.
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? can't wait for the day. that's what life insurance is for, right?
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? right now it's kashi go lean honey almond flax. but i also like to munch on life cereal dry as a snack.
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? usually i don't. i purposefully bought a pair of slip on all stars so i don't have to untie them. the one pair i consciously untie each time are my running shoes.
12. FAVORITE LOCAL RESTAURANT? unfortunately, there aren't that many good restaurants in the south bay. i think my favortie local restaurant right now is el gringo.
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM? coffee ice cream, normally; rupert's "shake" (TJ's vanilla ice cream mixed with milk); ben and jerry's vermonty python; and i still miss B&J's white russian
14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE? i don't know ... maybe this is why i cannot, for the life of me, remember peoples' names and faces?
15. RED OR PINK? red, although i'm learning to embrace pink ... sometimes.
16. WHAT IS YOUR LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? i'm a bundle of negativity, usually about myself (low self-esteem nourished by asian parents -- you know how it is).
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? dead :: my maternal grandparents. alive :: my girlfriends all over the world.
18. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO COMPLETE THIS LIST? sure, it's fun to read.
19. WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? dark jeans. we don't wear shoes inside our house.
20. LAST THING YOU WATCHED ON YOUTUBE? a video of art tatum playing "humoresque"
21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? maya yapping away
22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? i'm going to have to come back to this one after i research crayola color names. but i'm thinking some kind of grey color because i'm bright and cheery like that.
23. FAVORITE SMELLS? chocolate chip cookies baking; fried chicken; the ocean
24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? rupert
25. DO YOU KNOW WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? yes, although we've never met in person. beth (aka grudge girl) and i are blog buddies.
26. WHICH SPORTS DO YOU LIKE TO WATCH? do i have to watch?
27. HAIR COLOR? black
28. EYE COLOR? brown
29. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? nope. i have great vision; i even impressed the eye doctor.
30. FAVORITE FOOD? ramen noodles (not the instant kind, although i like those too; i mean, the real deal from japan, and wonton mien from hong kong)
31. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? i hate scary movies; i'm genuinely scared, even though i know it's fake. so i will have to go with "happy endings."
32. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED? wanted -- it was ridiculous.
33. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING? light heather grey long-sleeve shirt under a dark grey threadless t-shirt.
34. SUMMER OR WINTER? is there a difference in los angeles?
35. HUGS OR KISSES? kisses from rupert, hugs from everyone else
36. FAVORITE DESSERT? freshly baked chocolate chip cookies with vanilla ice cream
37. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW? what i talk about when i talk about running by haruki murakami; joy of spooking (book 1): fiendish deeds by p.j. bracegirdle; mr. lincoln's boys by staton rabin
38. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? i don't use one.
39. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON TV LAST NIGHT? season 4 of project runway, disc 3
40. FAVORITE SOUNDS? tree branches creaking in the wind; my kids having a good laugh; complete silence
41. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES? beatles
42. WHERE IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME? hong kong
43. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT? can't say that i do. i'm more of a jack-of-all trades; i can do a lot of things very average-y.
44. WHERE WERE YOU BORN? kobe, japan
45. HOW DID YOU MEET YOUR SPOUSE/SIGNIFICANT OTHER? we met in high school through mutual friends our junior year (although we knew of each other before then); rupert joined the newspaper staff and we started working together. senior year we were in the same physics class, which is when i started to notice him. second semester i dropped out of physics (best decision i ever made in high school) but we were together in adult living (yes, there was actually a class called "adult living") and he would drive me home from school. the turning point was probably the day rupert and his friends were rejected from the talent show (the assistant principal did not like their "basketball jones" performance). instead of going home we went for a drive to a palos verdes beach. and the rest is history. (next thusday marks 15 years of togetherness.)