10.02.2007

changes are a-brewin'

today is rupert's first day of school; he starts his phd program at ucla in social research methodology. doesn't it sound riveting? it's in the education department but i don't know what exactly he'll be studying (much like his job at the school district).

being the worrier that he is, he's already stressed out about it ... and he still has four or five more years to go! the first day of school for me was always exciting, even in graduate school. new school supplies, the syllabus, making new friends (and enemies) -- it was always a fresh start.

so i've decided to make october our fresh start month. the plan is to implement small changes around here to make this transitional time easier for everyone. i think this will mean a huge effort on my part but i'm hoping, at the same time, that it will be a motivator for me :: to get off my ass and do whatever is necessary to support rupert as he starts a new chapter in his life.

let's see how things progress, shall we?

[no picture today because rupert absolutely refused to let me take a picture of him before he left for campus. he's a party-pooper.]

3 comments:

Jolynn Asato said...

Awwww sending another family member off to school. I actually saw Rupert in the halls during convocation last week. I wanted to say "hi" but he was surrounded by all the popular kids and I didn't want to embarrass him by making him have to admit that he knew this ancient hanger-on-er. Hee hee!

richito bonito said...

You should add another lilypie.com counter for your new kid on the block.

Krimey said...

let me know how your household changes go yucaree. perhaps you can give me some advice! i'm a little rusty myself...