10.13.2007

changes, yes. fresh start, not so much.

i was purposely vague in one of my previous posts about making october fresh start month. mainly because i have no clue as to what kind of changes i should be making.

i know for certain that rupert needs quiet time alone to get his schoolwork done. i also need to understand that sometimes he'll come home late from school or work. but other than that what can i do to make our family life better without sacrificing my own sanity?

here are some things on my "i really have to put effort into this" list ::
  • saving money + not spending what we have :: this is going to be really hard for me; i'm the spender of the family.
  • purging unwanted + un-needed items :: giving them a second life by donating them.
  • making more meals at home with fresh ingredients :: including the kids in our food choices + preparation.
  • work first, play second :: getting my priorities straight and taking care of business first.

i shouldn't have to make a list and remind myself of these things; they should come naturally to me as a stay-at-home mom. however, i foresee having to come back to this list daily to make sure i'm putting my family first.

No comments: