1.15.2006

oh no! here she comes!!

ian is warming up to maya little by little, but hanging out with his sister is not his favorite activity. he didn't want her to sit on his lap during tonight's bedtime story, but reluctantly agreed. he wasn't pleased, though: he told me to hurry up with the picture, he actually did say, "oh no! here she comes!!" and he called her a "devil baby." how's that for brotherly love? (where did he learn "devil baby"? from his father, of course.)

but it's still sweet to see them together ... even if it is for the 10 seconds before maya starts throwing a fit. (she is, after all, a devil baby!)

2 comments:

grudge girl said...

Devil baby?! HA! More like rocker baby, with that awesome hairdo!! You are so right. They are adorable together.

She'll be way more interesting to Ian once she's mobile and really interactive. And probably once you wean her. My mom says I was so jealous when she was breastfeeding my brother, I like wouldn't look at them. And I basically just ignored him as much as possible. When I wasn't stealing his stuffed animals. Once she weaned him, I wasn't jealous of that closeness any more, and suddenly things were alright again.

yucaree said...

her hair is crazy! some days the mohawk isn't so pronounced and other days it totally stands on end. and the back is currently rubbing off, but it's also growing longer near her neck so it looks rather weird.

hmm, so you were okay once your brother weaned, huh? good to know. ian has been affectionate with me, letting me give him more kisses and stuff. my intention had been to give him one-on-one attention everyday, but i have to admit, it's been pretty difficult. however, in the last week or so we've been playing the star wars lego video game together, which he seems to enjoy. oh yeah, and sudoku, too!