7.10.2007

amazing fruit

did you know i love stone fruits? well, i do. and i really lucked out yesterday because my parents brought back some amazing peaches, nectarines, and plums from my dad's friend's orchard up in central cali.

unbelieveably yummy!

if you picked them up you'd initially think they weren't ripe. but they're bred to be firm even when ripe to prevent damage to the flesh during transport. when you bite into the fruit there's almost a crunch and then a wonderful sweetness that's not overpowering. i like my fruit to be firm so this is perfect for me; no juice dribbling down my hand, no mush in my mouth, just sweetness bite after bite.

i've gotta make some peach ice cream before they go bad. as for the nectarines, i think i'll eat them as is, just like an apple. that's summer eating bliss in my book.

No comments: