4.01.2006

welcome home rupert!

JR returned home last night. i was quite pleased to see him because i was getting a tad bit worn out. i was just getting used to him taking the morning shift when he left for his trip so i wasn't especially pleased about having to get up early again.

he was pleased to see us, and although the kids were asleep when he got home, i'm sure they were happy to see him too. maya remembered him and was all smiles for him in the morning (i think -- i'm not totally sure since i was asleep). apparently ian got a little teary-eyed when he saw JR because he was glad he was home.

however, the thing i'm not pleased about is that the house is a mess already. JR's awake for only a few hours and already the living room and kitchen are all cluttered! having just one extra body around creates more mess than i like. so it doesn't look like i'll be able to maintain my "good housewife" ways now that he's home. and, guess what? it's not my fault: JR @ home = mess -- JR not @ home = clean. so there.

oh, and JR will now be known as rupert. why? well, at the workshop he was at, the professor who was running it called him rupert because, to him, JR looks like a rupert. so JR had to endure rupert jokes for the rest of the week.

and look what JR ... i mean, rupert, got me as a present: they're pj pants from northwestern in a purple plaid! i'm totally into slightly tacky-ish pants so these are perfect for me. and purple should be my signature color because you write my name as "purple" in japanese kanji characters. the one downfall of these pants is that they are made for young college coeds who have never borne children. you know, they're supposed to sit low on the hips. yeah, that ain't happenin' for me.

2 comments:

grudge girl said...

Rupert?! BWAH!!!!

Reminds me of Ruprecht from Dirty Rotten Scoundrels. Leave the cork on the fork, Ruprecht.

Girl. Your name is "purple?" Do you have any idea how much I love purple? DO YOU?!!!!

Lots.

And also pajama pants. Nice call, Ruprecht, er, I mean Rupert.

yucaree said...

allison, aren't the pants cool? they're just tacky enough and oh-so comfy. it's too bad they sit weird on my hips!

yup, i'm purple! during spanish classes i was called "morada" because there was no spanish equivalent of my name. along with pink, purple is a color i'm just now starting to embrace. sometimes it's hard to find a really nice shade of purple, but i'm looking.

GG, no wonder you love me! hee!