6.07.2007

i actually finished it

cover of _eat your age in meat party_ mini-album

didn't think i would finish a mini-album in such a short time (relatively speaking). it only took me a few hours to complete ... although i've had the pictures developed and waiting since the end of february.

this mini-album is based on one taught by shimelle laine at fiskars tv (march 15, 2007 episode). the size is 4x12 and it's held together with a 1-inch binder ring (i love these things!). i also used the mcgill mini file tab punch.

inside of _eat your age in meat party_ mini-album

the patterned paper is from a huge stack of my mind's eye paper i found at costco. i can't remember which line it's from though. i used various stickers from k&co, ek success, (old) making memories, american crafts and my dymo label maker. i also used the sans serif letter stamps from marth stewart's new craft line. the cover has chipboard letters by heidi swapp and rub-on letters from american crafts. and, of course, the bottom edges are cut with fiskars decorative edged scalloped and pinking scissors.

inside of _eat your age in meat party_ mini-album
the album is about rupert's 31st birthday party, dubbed :: eat your age in meat party. there are only eight pages in it 'cause i didn't want to overwhelm myself with my first attempt at a mini-album. i totally loved the process and i can see why so many people are into mini-books these days. i can definitely see myself making more of these, especially for vacation/trip pictures and events with lots of photos. my next task will be making a mini-album of my sister's graduation pictures and our photos from hawaii.
the bonus with this album is that i actually got rupert to journal in it too. i made it for him, and it's about him, so i figured he better put in his two cents' worth as well. that's his handwriting on the left. it's nice to be able to share your crazy hobby with your spouse. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Really nice album Y. You make me want to make one too...but then I would have to think about finishing up all the half projects sitting around here too. Oh, if only we had more time in the day to play and having some elves come in at night while I am sleeping to finish what I started would be pretty nice too!